2 days, 2 diagnoses.
People may experience:
√ Whole body: excess sweating, excessive hunger, fatigue, heat intolerance, or restlessness
√ Mood: mood swings, nervousness, or panic attack
√ Heart: abnormal heart rhythm, fast heart rate, or sensation of an abnormal heartbeat
√ Sleep: difficulty falling asleep or insomnia
√ Menstrual: irregular menstruation or short and light menstruation
√ Behavioural: hyperactivity or irritability
Eyes: abnormal protrusion of eyes or puffy eyes
√ Also common: weight loss, diarrhoea, hair loss, muscle weakness, tremor, or warm skin
Severe Reactive Depression
- Stressful events in life e.g. death of family member, loss of job etc.
- Certain stressors tend to overlap
- These events can trigger a depressed reaction with a disproportional duration
- It can interfere with person’s ability to function in job and personal relationships
∴ It is a disproportionately depressed response to a life event.
- Subtype of major depression
- Characterised by feelings of: hopelessness, worthlessness, sadness
- Additional symptoms: anxiety, weight fluctuations, eating disorders, irritability, memory problems, difficult concentrating
- Extreme symptoms: pain, headaches, digestive problems
- Warning signs: drug/alcohol abuse, suicidal thoughts/behaviours
Welp. At least I can draw up a Venn diagram with the overlapping symptoms right?
It’s not like physical/mental health problems means double the symptoms right?
YAY. POSITIVITY. 😕